By visiting www.envantage.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Envantage Limited of 8 Grange Lane, Didsbury, Manchester M20 6RW.
Envantage is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Envantage may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information that you give us:
- Name, company and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, enquiries and/or offers.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform, and other factors.
- Information about your visit, including the clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks) and other factors.
- Information we receive about you from other sources, such as analytics providers.
Why do we need to collect and use your personal data?
The primary basis for which we intend to use your data is to provide relevant low-carbon and energy market updates and to set up trading relationships with selected parties. The information that we collect about you is essential for us to be able to deliver our services to customers. Without collecting your data, we would also be unable to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping.
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To improve our products and services, and to notify you about changes to our service.
- To periodically send promotional information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
- To customise the website according to your interests and ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations including data analysis, statistical analysis and other work.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data held to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, or if Envantage Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its contacts and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Envantage Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us that you don’t wish this to happen.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
In summary, you have the right to:
- Request deletion of your personal data. We will comply with this request, subject to the restrictions of our regulatory obligations and legitimate interests.
- Request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email or write to us using the contact details noted below.
- Ask us to update or correct your personal information, subject to certain requirements, for example proof of ID to amend the spelling of your name.
- Ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information where appropriate.
- When your personal data is processed by automated means you have the right to ask us to move your personal data to another organisation for their use. We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics and traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic, monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, identify whether you are a returning visitor on the site, and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This data is used for statistical analysis purposes only and cannot be associated with any personally identifiable information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.