We are proud of our expert workforce, who consider Envantage a great place to work. If you’d like to join our team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have enthusiasm for helping businesses to improve their approach to energy, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Envantage are a boutique, independent Carbon & Energy Consultancy, and third-party intermediary in the UK energy markets. Our aim is to transform the energy landscape for the companies we work with, through helping them to reduce their energy consumption, costs, and carbon impact, allowing them to focus on their business.
We’re always interested in great people, and are currently recruiting for the vacancies detailed below:
Carbon / Energy Consultant
You will play a key role in the delivery of a wide range of Envantage carbon management projects associated with ESOS, SECR, ISO 50001, UK ETS and ESG related projects.
You must have a working knowledge of all the compliance services we provide and you will be expected to be a specialist in at least one carbon compliance area.
We currently require specialists in ESOS, Climate Change Levy Discount Schemes and ESG (Carbon Reduction).
The role will involve providing clients with expert advice on energy reduction strategies along with consultative support, compiling emissions monitoring reports and ESOS auditing. Lead Assessor experience is also beneficial.
You will have experience in report writing, excellent excel skills, managing a portfolio of clients and having a keen eye and meticulous approach to reviewing energy data.
Our Carbon Consultants are expected to support and mentor more junior members of the team, helping with their training and development. You will provide quality assurance checking of other team members work to be submitted to clients, and help with preparation of bids and proposals for new work, engaging with other teams within Envantage to aid business development.
- Planning, and coordination of carbon management projects.
- Energy auditing and delivery of compliance orientated projects to tight deadlines.
- Compiling client’s energy and carbon emissions monitoring reports and evidence packs for validation by the regulatory bodies for the various compliance regimes.
- Working on client’s energy reduction projects to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and organisational objectives.
- Delivery of client reports and presentations to support technical and commercial projects.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong working relationships with clients through regular meetings and correspondence.
- Data monitoring and analysis for reports as required by external or internal clients.
- Continuous review of legislation on energy, carbon trading and other environmental matters.
- Assist the directors with service and business development.
- Support colleagues with internal training, guidance and assist with query management.
- QA checking of reports and spreadsheets.
- Lead at client/site visits when required.
Required personal attributes
- A good working knowledge of UK carbon compliance schemes.
- Experience of energy management strategies and carbon reduction plans.
- Ability to receive, understand and convey technical information in a clear and accurate manner.
- Motivated and excellent organisational, numeric and communication skills.
- Literate and confident at intermediate to advanced level in MS Office.
- Enthusiastic and well driven, able to achieve deadlines.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel a number of days per week.
- A team player and able to motivate and develop more junior team members.
- Focus on quality in delivery, able to deliver against the Envantage ethos of simplified solutions.
- Able to see opportunities to cross sell other services whilst delivering other services.
- Able to deliver reports and presentations to management teams up to board level at client sites.
Essential: Educated to Degree level. Industrial or consultancy background. Ability to undertake site visits to deliver compliance work as above.
Desirable: Chartered Engineer, ESOS Lead Assessor.
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Pragmatic, self-starter who is able to use their initiative.
- An effective and confident communicator with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- A proactive learner, able to pick up new skills and concepts.
- Confident in articulating their own perspective and sharing opinion.
- Organised, professional, enthusiastic, and business like.
- Calm under pressure and knows when to ask for help.
- A positive team player willing to get involved.
- Takes pride in delivering quality work.
- Willing to develop into further carbon compliance roles.
- Must have experience of using Excel and be confident to learn how to develop their skills in this program.
You will be eligible to work in the UK and be willing to travel and spend nights away from home. You must have a UK driving license.
We will take up references prior to an offer of employment.
Is this you?
Send your CV with a covering email explaining why you are suitable to join the Envantage team to email@example.com using the subject “Carbon Energy Consultant Application“.
No agencies please.
Bureau Services Manager
We are looking for someone to work within the existing structure to lead the development of our Bureau offerings and the team that delivers these services. You will be based in our Didsbury office in a permanent full-time role, working 37.5 hours with flexible start and finish times, Monday to Friday. Your salary will depend on your experience and skills.
- Manage our Data and Bureau team.
- Management and control the workstreams of the Data and Bureau team.
- Lead & manage onboarding of all data into company systems.
- Lead & manage analysis of all client utility bills.
- Negotiate refunds, credits and re-bills wit Utility Suppliers.
- Lead Tariff Analysis of client’s bill structures, create reports for clients and negotiate refunds where appropriate.
- Maintain a good understanding of Envantage’s products and services and be able to advise others about them.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the energy and carbon marketplace.
- Stay up to date with changes in Government regulations regarding the energy industry and users.
- Track changes to suppliers’ charging protocols.
- Communicate regularly with Envantage’s customers.
- Update client records within our CRM system.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working in the energy or utilities industry is essential.
- Well presented, with a professional manner and socially adept.
- A strong commercial approach to your work.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong IT user skills with experience of email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience with bill validation and data software is essential.
- An ability to you use your initiative, whilst being part of a focused team.
- A proven track record of team management.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, tariff and charging structures in the utilities industry.
- Previous experience of a similar role and corporate environment.
- Good knowledge of the key supply industry contacts required to complete the work.
- A background in business to business energy.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. We will take up references prior to an offer of employment.
Is this you?
Send your CV with a covering email explaining why you are suitable to join the Envantage team to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “Bureau Services Manager Application“.
No agencies please.